Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gross...

I will start this post by saying THIS IS GRAPHIC... If you can't handle it, it is totally understandable. I created this blog for two reasons... First, I needed to express my emotions but I could not do this verbally. This blog is an outlet for me to be unapologetically raw about my feeling and what I am going though. Secondly, I needed to be able to document what is going on physically with my body so I can report to my doctor accurately. Hopefully, in this future this blog will be a place where I share all of the joyous events that accompany parenthood, but until then you get to hear about this shit...

Okay so here is the graphic part...

For those that are skipping it, I'll give you the non-TMI update at the bottom of this post...

I warn you, you may look at me differently after reading this...

TMI Start

Even though I knew around week 7 that this was not going to be a viable pregnancy, I have not really exhibited any signs of miscarriage before this week. I have been spotting since Sunday (10 Weeks)... First it was brown then by Monday it had turned pink which was a good sign that things were progressing. On Tuesday & Wednesday I had what would equate to basically a light period with bright red bleeding. On Thursday I had major cramps toward the evening and the bleeding had picked up slightly. On Friday, I woke up with few cramps, but as the day progressed they became a bit more severe. On Friday I passed what I thought was the majority of fetal material. As my doctor order, I bagged it and refrigerated it so it could be tested.

Yes, I put it in my refrigerator...

Yes, it is gross beyond belief...

But I had no choice, the lab doesn't open until Monday...

After I passed the mucus-like tissue on Friday, I still had cramping so I took 4 Advil and a hot shower and went to bed. Saturday morning I woke feeling bloated but I had less bleeding, the cramps had subsided and I was feeling better. As the evening came, I was still feeling well. No cramps... Until 11ish... Then I started getting some strong pains so I went to the bathroom. During this time, I passed the grossest lump of a muscle-like mass out of my vag. It was oval shaped and maybe 1 inch round by 4 inches in length. I do believe that this was the gestational sack. Honestly, this is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen, but per doctor's orders I bagged it and let it chill with the other stuff.

I really hope this was the biggest part...

Honestly, I am glad that this is finally coming to a close for me...

TMI End

For those of you that skipped the TMI part, I definitely miscarried on Saturday evening...

Next steps: Stop bleeding & acquire a negative HCG test...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ames--- I love ya to pieces. I wish there was something I could do to erase the pain you are feeling right now...

I am here for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.