Sunday, August 23, 2009

Preparing to give birth!

Now don't get all excited because I am still closed up tighter than Fort Knox, but many people have asked about how I plan to give birth and if I am choosing to get an epidural or not. Indeed I am getting an epi, (drugs are great!) but some people may not realize that you have to be quite far along before they'll give you one.

Because I am prepared, I have been practicing other strategies to cope until they give my those glorious drugs...

It is swearing...
I love to swear and don't get to do it nearly enough...
You may be giving me the side eye on this technique, but it is researched based...

Check this link out for more information...

I go to see the doctor tomorrow... I will give an update upon returning!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Go in swearing like a pirate!! Throw in a few good RRRRRRRRR's for good measures! I wish I would have seen this before I went into the active labor part! I was pretty much quiet, but I was screaming on the inside :)

Did the cookies work? Ha ha :)

Anonymous said...

I miss hearing Ames break out the F-bomb!!! You will be cracking everyone up with your swearing! Love it. ~SG