Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A lazy baby...

Ladies and Gents, we have a lazy baby on our hands!

His lack of movement not only concerns myself, but also my doctor. Dr. Hardas said that everything looks great with Charlie (blood flow, fluid level, cord condition, etc.) but she is concerned and now has me doing kick counts 3x's per day. If I don't get 10 movements in one hour, I have to drink something sweet and cold and try again, if I still don't count 10 movements within an hour, I am to go to the hospital ASAP. She said she is not going to take any chances and that she would deliver if there is low movement because she doesn't want to take any chances. I am still only dilated 1 cm and my cervix is posterior. No progress since last week... Also, she thinks that my due date is more likely to be the 24th as opposed to the 17th... Errrr... Even though it is only a week extra, I feel a little crabby about getting time added. Oh well, this baby will come when he is ready and not a moment before then. Plus, this means that I will likely get to use more paid vacation time. Woot!

I am slowly trudging through the lesson planning and Tony has put the shelves back in the closet... Day by day we are getting ready to meet our little guy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what if Charlie doesn't want to kick 10 times... will he arrive a little early?!? ~SG

Amy said...

That is the plan.