Monday, December 29, 2008

Thump, Thump, Thump...

We, well actually Tony (I can never really see that stuff on ultrasound so I'll have to trust him and the ultrasound tech), saw a heartbeat today!

According to our ultrasound we are due on August 25th which makes me 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant...

We will have another ultrasound next Wednesday to assess the development...

I am still having spotting here and there so I am using progesterone gel and they found that I have Lupus Anticoagulant. This is some sort of clotting disorder which made have made me lose the last two pregnancies. Basically I have to continue taking baby aspirin and I should be okay. They may prescribe Lovenox to treat this issue... We should hear about this later today or tomorrow...

We have never seen a heartbeat... This is so exciting and scary at the same time...

3 comments:

Naomi said...

YAY!! Isn't seeing that heartbeat just amazing?? I'm so happy for you guys--just like the blood test I've been obsessively checking your blog to see if you had made any updates yet. I'm so excited for you guys...I'm doing the dance of joy!! Do you have a picture??

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! A heartbeat!!!

So exciting!

Love & Miss ya!
Sara

Wifezzilla said...

WOW this is a GREAT GREAT update!