Friday, September 5, 2008

I am an Idiot...

One week down 35 more until summer break... Yup, I am counting already. This week has sucked. I have been battling a sinus infection. My students are little squirrels. To top it all of, today I had my grad class and one of my classmates congratulated me on being pregnant. I am an idiot and started sobbing... Not just tearing up, but runny nose, puffy eyes sobbing... I have no idea why this was so hard to handle today. I actually thought I was doing better. Guess not.

The whole incident has me furious at myself... After witnessing the zip line tragedy my loss seems small. That man (Don Spoor) had four kids and a wife that are surely suffering more than myself and only three short years ago my aunt and uncle lost six kids in the house explosion, and yet I am upset over something as little as this... I lost something that wasn't even alive and I can't pull myself together. I am so pissed at myself for this. My loss is small compared to what many people have experienced in their lifetime, so why is it that I am taking it this hard? Why can't I just get over it already?

Fuck...

No comments: