Sunday, July 19, 2009

My birth plan...

Get the baby out as healthy and painlessly as possible.

I would like to deliver vaginally, but please deliver the baby in what ever way results in a healthy baby.

I will be laboring with only Tony and necessary medical staff. I will notify staff and family of any exceptions being made.

I want an epidural.

I would like to breastfeed as soon as possible after delivering. If I deliver vaginally, please show my husband and I the baby, clean him, then let Tony hold him. After Tony is finished, I will attempt to nurse. If I have a Cesarean delivery, please allow me to nurse as soon as possible. I would prefer that no bottles be given to my baby while I am in recovery.

If my baby needs to be in the NICU, Tony and I will be the first to see him. Only AFTER both Tony and I have done so, family will be welcome.

After I give birth, please allow me time to recover. I would like to be able to nurse, get cleaned up and bond with my baby before I accept visitors. I will hurry this along as I know people will be excited to visit, but please respect this time.

Also, during recovery, please do not photograph me. My baby is the star. When I am feeling better, I will be happy to partake in any family photos.

During my hospital stay, please allow me to nurse in private as I will be new to nursing and may need time to perfect this.

I may need to poop after delivery... Please leave during this time... I am a private pooper.

No comments: