Monday, June 8, 2009

Up and At Em...

First:
Today I am up way too early for this to be the first day of summer break... My day will consist of getting my bimonthly massage and then visiting my parents. Then I need to come home clean the bathroom, make dinner and organize the nursery so I can be ready for my work shower tomorrow.

Second:
I also am breaking into the 30's today. 30 weeks pregnant today! Woot! See below for the development progress.

Third:
Yesterday I had the first of three showers. It was huge and we got so many things that we really needed like the car seat, highchair, pack and play and bouncer plus a lot of little perks like books, rattles and stuffed animals. My mom hosted this shower an there were almost 65 people there, so the day was exhausting to say the least. It was such and awesome day and I will post pictures as soon as I get my hands on some! The best part of the shower is that Tony was there with me and that was really nice to have him share the attention with me plus he is just so pumped up to meet Charlie and I think this just multiplied it by 50 for him. In ten weeks we will have our baby and we both are having a hard time wrapping our head around this.

Finally:
Charlie is growing!
Here is what americanpregnancy.org says about the growth:

Your baby has now grown to be about 15.15 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. Your baby’s eyes are becoming more mature, and now he/she can tell the difference between light and dark. Babies at 30 weeks can even follow a light source with his/her eyes. Once your baby is born, he/she will spend a great deal of time with their eyes closed. This is completely normal. Newborns only have the ability to focus on objects a few inches from their faces. While “normal” adult vision is 20/20, a newborn’s vision is 20/400.

By this week, your baby's senses are developed to the point where she can taste, touch, see, and hear what's going on around her. She'll also react to stimuli--for instance, if you poke your belly, she may kick or hit back at the spot you've touched. It's exciting to interact with your baby even before she's born. Try rubbing your belly and talking gently to her when she kicks--you may find that you're already able to calm her down.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Isn't it amazing that you are 30 weeks...doesn't it just seem like yesterday you were spelling out PREGNANT (and I nudged you to spell faster!!).
So you are having a little boy...awww...so cute! I'm glad your showers are bringing in lots of stuff for you...it's so expensive!! Wishing you the best of luck...so jealous that your summer has already started. I'm about ready to be done with work myself...sleeping is getting harder and just walking around is hard now.