Monday, June 1, 2009

29 Weeks

I am officially 29 weeks pregnant today!

I know I repeat this often, but I can't believe how blessed we are.


This is a very big week... First, Friday is the last day of school! Then, Sunday is my family shower and Tuesday afternoon is my work shower. As for my to do list... I still need to find a pediatrician and complete pre-admission hospital paperwork. I also need to find daycare for the fall and I need to up our life insurance and create a will of some sort. Another great thing about this week is that I finally finished my master's classes. Now I just need to get on my thesis project...

Anyway...

A little about Charlie this week...

For the past six weeks or so, your baby has been listening to your voice (along with the voices of your partner, older children, and anyone else who's been talking to your belly). Speaking to your baby is not only a key part of prenatal bonding, but may also form the basis of language development. Babies who have been spoken to in utero recognize and turn to familiar voices immediately after birth. There may also be links between prenatal stimulation and the development of speech and IQ.

I guess it is a good thing that Tony and I have been reading to him lately.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and will update if there is any news.

No comments: