Monday, September 7, 2009

Almost 2 weeks...

Now that my child has been lulled asleep to the sounds of Run DMC and Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" I have a free hand to blog.

Life with a baby is amazing.

I hate that there are people that deserve this and are struggling. I pray every day that God keeps my baby safe and that those struggling couples get to experience this. I am so blessed. One year ago I was morning my second loss, now I am snuggling the love of my life.

Charlie has had endless visitors. He is such a popular man especially among the grandparents. I am happy to report that we have successfully kept this little guy alive for almost two weeks. He is nursing fairly well and on Thursday, hopefully, we'll learn that he is growing well as he has his 2nd visit to the pediatrician. The first visit was rough on me. He hadn't gained any weight and I felt horrible because I am nursing exclusively. The doctor assured us this was normal, but I still felt like shit. Our baby sleeps very well. He only wakes up once or twice in the night. At first he stayed awake all night earning the title of Mommy's Little Owl, but he has since figured things out and kept the Owl nickname because he screeches like a little owl.
I am recovering very well. You could barley tell that almost two weeks ago, I had major surgery. Stairs are hard and by night I am moving slow, but I feel great. I love that I will never have to go through labor ever again because I had a c-section and will need to deliver this way in any subsequent pregnancies.

My little man just shit so loud that he woke himself up so I need to take care of business, but I will leave you with a couple cute pictures of our baby bear.

No comments: