Monday, May 25, 2009

It has been awhile...

It has been a while since my last post. I am ready for summer and I am ready to be done with my classes.

Only 9 more wake up days for school then it will finally be summer. I am so ready to be out of that place... Several things have recently left me jaded in regards to work. The first being that I will be teaching yearbook class next year. This class is a horrible assignment for me because it takes so much time out of school hours. What a great teaching assignment to give a new mom... Also, because I did my 700 hour internship this semester, I will not be eligible for FMLA. This means that when my baby is a month and a half old he will be staying at a daycare. Fucking AWESOME...

On a better note, only one more week-end of Masters classes. I will hit the thesis project hard after school gets out and I still have to find another 100 hour agency internship site before the baby comes.

Speaking of babies... I am now 28 weeks along. The little guy (yes guy) is squirming all over and kicking my bladder like crazy. I have recently sprung a leak also... Weirdness... I am sure there is more weirdness to come, but still... Weirdness. Our baby is approximately weighs in now at 2.2 pounds and is 14.8 inches. Our baby’s brain is really beginning to develop into a more complex organ. Up until this point, our baby’s brain has been relatively smooth, but beginning this week his brain will develop grooves and indentions along its surface. The amount of brain tissue also begins to increase during the 28th week. The development of hair also continues. Eyebrows and eyelashes are visible, while the hair on your baby’s head grows even longer. Your baby is also starting to look a little rounder as the fat storage under the skin continues to develop. This is an important part of development that will continue through the remainder of your pregnancy.

Third Trimester... Here I come...

Hormones you can promptly show yourself to the door...

In other news.. Happy Memorial Day! I hope you all had a great long weekend!

No comments: