Tuesday, January 6, 2009

7 Weeks Today...

I am so thankful to be seven weeks pregnant today...

We have an ultrasound tomorrow at 3pm and I am on pins and needles. I hope this baby is growing and developing. I feel pretty good with few symptoms. Honestly, I think my symptoms could perhaps even be more in my head than actual. I still have tender breasts and I have to urinate quite frequently, but other than that things seem pretty normal. I also have small bouts with constipation and fatigue and a tiny bit of nausea. I almost wish I felt like shit because I would be more assured that I was indeed pregnant. It just doesn't seem real yet.

Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

7 weeks and in no time you'll be over the "hump" even though the worrying doesn't stop (at least it hasn't for me...probably will subside a bit when I feel the first movements). I'm hoping for a strong heartbeat and that you'll be able to see the flutter of the heart (last time you said Tony saw it). Post asap...the waiting is torture for me (like it's about me...best wishes!!).