Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter...

Happy Easter! It is hard to believe that next year the Easter Bunny will be visiting our house to give the little one his or her first basket.

I am now 21 weeks along... Over half way and according to my measurements, I am actually 22 weeks tomorrow! I am just so thrilled that everything is progressing well. I can't stop thinking about what motherhood hold for me. Every thought that runs through my head is baby related! I really need to start focusing on other things (THE THESIS), but that just isn't happening and I am really quite content meandering through my days dreaming about little Charlie or Evelyn.

So here is a late update for week 21...

This will be the last weekly update because the pictures on TheNest only show monthly updates from here on out...
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

No comments: